Flow of the Day
7:45-8:30 Early Drop Off
- Breakfast/Table Activities/Bathroom/Hand Washing
8:40-8:50 Regular Arrival
- Table Activities/Bathroom/Hand Washing
9-9:15 Morning Meeting
- Time for greeting each other and going over the flow of the day. Succinct enough for the child who can sit the shortest in your group and routinized so that children know what to expect
9:15-9:25 Transition Time
9:30-10:30/40 First Morning Block
- Learning Centers or Outdoor time. Outdoor time should last approximately 1 hour. Center time should last approximately 1 hour and 10 minutes.
Morning Snack Time
- This may occur in between the first and second block or can be a “working snack” which works well for older children where several children at a time have a snack during center time followed by returning to their play. When a in longer outdoor block (Prospect/Adventure Day), snack may occur outside.
10:45-11:45/55 – Second Morning Block
- Learning Centers or Outdoor time. Outdoor time should last approximately 1 hour. Center time should last approximately 1 hour and 10 minutes. In the event the class must stay inside all morning, 25 minutes of gross motor activity will occur.
12pm Dismissal for those that dismiss at 12
12-12:10 Transition Time
12/12:30-1/12:30/1 – Lunch
- This may occur right at 12pm (best for younger children) or as late as 12:30pm. This may be based on how hungry children are as well as how alternating handwashing and bathroom and rest time goes for the classrooms sharing a bathroom.
12:30/1-2/2:30 – Rest time
- This can last for approximately 2 hours for younger children downstairs from 12:30-2:30 to as little as 30/45 minutes upstairs for the older children from 1-1:45 to transition at 2pm.
1:45-1:55 pm – Transition Time for Prek
2pm-2:45 – Center time for Prek
2:30-2:45 – Transition Time for 2s & 3K
2:45-2:55pm – Reflection meeting
3pm – Dismissal for those who leave at 3pm
2:55pm-3:05 – Afternoon meeting
- Time for going over the flow of the afternoon.
3:05-3:20 – Afternoon Snack
3:30-4:30 – First Afternoon Block
- Learning Centers or Outdoor time. If a walk, then the second block will start the second block earlier.
4:30-4:40 – Transition Time
4:40/5-5:30 – Second Afternoon Block
- Sometimes two groups combine at 4:30 or 5.
5:30 – Pack up for Dismissal
5:45 – All children downstairs for final dismissal
6:00 – Dismissal